Exams and Cleanings in North Las Vegas
Find out more about our Dental Exams and Cleanings in North Las Vegas
A Healthy Mouth Starts with Periodic dental examinations and cleanings
Regular dental cleanings usually go hand in hand with the comprehensive examination or regular (recall) evaluation. In the absence of periodontal (gum) disease which may require additional treatment, a regular cleaning will remove debris, calculus, plaque and stain from your teeth.
We work to reduce gum inflammation by removing bacteria dwelling on tooth surfaces through our use of ultrasonic instruments that vibrate hard deposits off teeth so we can then manually sweep away finer pieces as well as surface stains using polishers.
Is Dental Cleaning Necessary?
Dental cleaning is an investment that pays off in more ways than one. For those of us who don’t enjoy taking care of our teeth at home, it can be helpful to understand why dental cleanings are necessary.
Dental professionals provide a service – removing tartar and stains you’re unable to remove yourself from spaces we may never see with just toothpaste or flossing alone! They also make sure there aren’t any nasty surprises waiting for you down the road – like cavities or gum disease
We focus on creating long lasting memories for our patients, so that they can have a smile to be proud of. After conducting thorough examinations during your first visit, we will provide you with an individualized treatment plan based upon your needs and preferences. From then onward, we’ll maintain your smile with continued visits every six months or when emergencies arise that need immediate attention.
At your initial visit:
- We will review your medical history with you. Tell us about any medications, allergies or supplements you are taking.
- Dr. Baek will discuss your dental concerns. She’ll cover any concerns you have regarding your teeth, mouth or overall oral health. We encourage you to ask questions.
- We’ll conduct a thorough oral examination of your teeth and gums.
- We’ll take X-rays to evaluate for problems, cavities or bone loss in areas that may not be visible during the oral examination. Please forward us a copy of any past x-rays so we can determine in advance if new records will be required.
- A comprehensive treatment plan will be presented based on our findings, records and your individual needs and preferences. Be sure to ask your dentist, hygienist or anyone on our team about your oral health questions and concerns. A well-informed decision that you are comfortable with is going to be the best one for your oral health.